For those of you who don’t know this game yet, it’s basically a card game in which you can battle opponents, collect, and trade cards. It features stunning animations and the gameplay is really addictive.
- Free to download, free to play, online version of the Pokémon Trading Card Game!
- Guest Mode allows you to get a taste of the excitement in store!
- Log in to the game with your free Pokémon Trainer Club account from Pokemon.com to save your progress!
- Start playing right away with four free online theme decks!
- Playable on PC, Mac, iPad Air, and iPad mini with Retina display
To keep things interesting, you need to complete daily challenges to earn special prizes: Trainer Tokens, Tournament Tickets, or Booster Packs.
The daily challenges change as you progress in the game. New gamers receive simple challenges such as “Put 6 water evolution Pokémon cards into play”. They get harder and harder as you level up.
Every time you win a Versus game (a game you play against a real person), you earn 10 experience points. You have to collect points to earn those amazing prizes you can see above. The prizes are updated every 21 days.
- A wide selection of options allows you to play at your own pace!
- Brush up on your skills while battling against computer-controlled opponents in the Trainer Challenge!
- Test your skills against your friends or challenge random players from around the world in Versus Mode!
- Tournament Mode allows you to compete against players from around the world for a chance to earn cool rewards!
- Use your favorite Pokémon TCG theme deck, or build a custom deck using the Unlimited or Standard deck construction formats!
As you collect different cards, you can create your own decks. But if you don’t want to wait until you have a decent amount of good cards, you can buy Booster Packs instead using your Trainer Tokens. These packs contain 10 Pokémon and if you’re lucky, you might end up with an EX or Mega Evolution EX card. Check out this cool detailed view of an EX card and convince yourself you want all of them.
Your deck must contain exactly 60 cards, including Pokémon, Trainer cards and Energy cards. You can create a more elaborated and advanced theme deck, like the one pictured below, or you can mix different Pokémon types.
There are four types of tournaments: theme, standard, legacy and expanded. That means you can only participate in a tournament with that type of deck, so pay attention when you’re creating special decks for this purpose. You can enter tournaments using Tokens or Tickets, but you can earn more valuable rewards with the latter.
All tournaments have one thing in common: There are 3 rounds in which you play against an opponent. The further you go, the better are your rewards. As always, some of the prizes you can earn are Booster Packs, Uncommon Chests, and Tournament Tickets.
All of these screenshots were taken from my own Pokémon TCGO account. As you can see, I’m on level 29. Each Pokémon type has 3 levels you must get to. You must complete your daily challenges in order to advance to the 3rd level of each type.
For example, as soon as you advance to the first level of, let’s say, Dragon type, you earn an energy-themed coin. On the second level, you get a themed sleeve. When you level up the third time, you get a themed deck box.
What Should be Improved
This is a great game and you can easily play it for hours! I just think they should improve the Tournaments section. We don’t have a wide variety to choose from and sometimes most of them are not available.
Also, they should work on the level progress because I don’t know what is going to happen once I get to level 3 on that Fighting-type Pokémon.
What about you? Do you play this game or will you try it out after reading this? Take a look at this trailer and download the game right now! Let’s brush up on our battling skills until the release of Pokémon GO 🙂